Los Angeles River Natural Park: a showcase river project integrating
natural water quality improvements with regional public access to the L.A. River
L.A. River Gateway & Entry Plaza
Save LA River Open Space is committed to preserving this last open space next to the Los Angeles River in the San Fernando Valley by creating the L.A.River Natural Park at 4141 Whitsett Avenue in Studio City.
The goals for this unique property on the L.A. River:
- Create and preserve public open space
- Create a unique L.A. Riverfront site
- Treat polluted water runoff from surrounding areas sending clean water into the L.A.River
- Protect historical recreational uses including golf and tennis
- Create pedestrian and bicycle trails — linking to regional bicycle paths and local businesses
- Provide Los Angeles River and River Trail access
Save LA River Open Space is working to protect this important open space in perpetuity for the community to enjoy. Public and private financing is being explored.
We are pleased to bring this vision to the community and look forward to working with the owners, civic leadership, and community stakeholders to make this a reality.